Explore the beauty of Donegal with the most jaw dropping landscapes and breathtaking scenery on the Wild Atlantic Way....
With the spectacular Wild Atlantic Coastline accompanying you from start to finish on this amazing route!
Welcome to the most breathtaking and longest defined coastal drive in the world. A spectacular drive of 2,500 kilometres of the raw and rugged coastline of the West Coast of Ireland, which stretches from Malin Head in Co.Donegal to Kinsale in Co. Cork.
Donegal has the largest share of the route of any County and boasts an amazingly stunning and diverse range of things to do and see. What makes this County so special is the connections made with the people, the heritage surrounding it and the beauty of our landscapes. The county has a dramatic landscape which offers so much to so many, a landscape that is proud and imposing, with some of the highest and gracious sea cliffs in Europe, some of the best waves known to surfers around the world, 80 miles of beautiful beaches, unique hill walking experiences, cycling, fishing, horse riding, golfing, diving, excellent cuisines and cosy pubs.
A diverse range of superb adventure related centres and visitor attractions to cater for great family days out are also available.
Donegals renowned for its friendliest people who provide a welcome like no other, a culture of tradition and for its delicious cuisine. A true foodie paradise and Irelands premier destination for those seeking succulent seafood, hand-picked produce, craft cheeses and so much more. A perfect escape for pampering your palate!
Donegal is also one of the most historical Counties in Ireland with many well perserved national monuments from the time of St. Colmcille to the strongholds of being home of some of the Countries most famous Clanns. Clann O Domhnaill until around the 1600's were one of the most powerful and ruling families.
Our coastal County is majestic, stunning and special, its offers a mix of coastal and highland landcapes where you can feel completely free from it all. Definitely worth visiting!
The Station House Hotel is the perfect base for exploring all the wonderful and stunning hidden treasures along the Wild Atlantic Way.
The North West Route
This starting route begins in Derry and ends in Ballina, Co. Mayo and covers a distance approximately of 720 kilometres
- Inishowen Peninsula to Derry and onto Letterkenny, Distance: 190 kilometres
- Fanad Head to Letterkenny to Bunbeg, Distance: 160 kilometres
- The Slieve League Coast to Bunbeg to Donegal Town, Distance: 170 kilometres
Things to See and Do in Donegal:
- Inishowen Maritime Museum - www.inishowenmaritime.com
- Wild Ireland - www.wildireland.org
- Grianan Aileach - www.discoverireland.ie/donegal/grianan-of-aileach
- Dough Famine Village - www.doaghfaminevillage.com
- County Museum in Letterkenny - www.donegalcoco.ie/culture/countymuseum
- Lurgybrack Open Farm Letterkenny - www.lurgybrackopenfarm.town.ie
- Alcorns Tropical World - www.tropicalworld.ie
- New Mills Corn & Flax Mills Letterkenny - www.heritageireland.ie/visit/places-to-visit/newmills-corn-and-flax-mills
- Grass Routes Bike Hire Termon - www.grassroutes.ie
- Glenveagh National Park - www.glenveaghnationalpark.ie
- Ards Forest Park - www.coillte.ie/site/ards-forest-park
- Triona Design - www.trionadesign.com
- Glencolmcille Folk Park - www.glenfolkvillage.com
- Slieve League Cultural Centre - www.sliabhliag.com/visitor-centre
- Donegal Craft Village - www.donegalcraftvillage.com
- Ardara Heritage Centre - www.discoverireland.ie/donegal/ardara-heritage-centre
- Tullan Discovery Point - www.wildatlanticwayonline.com/map-of-donegal-wild-atlantic-way/discovery-points/tullan-strand-bundoran
- Waterworld - www.waterworldbundoran.com
- Donegal Castle - www.heritageireland.ie/visit/places-to-visit/donegal-castle
- Magees Tweed Donegal Town - www.magee1866.com/en/ie/Home.aspx
- Donegal Town Craft Village - www.donegalcraftvillage.com
- Ballyshannon & District Museum - www.discoverireland.ie/donegal/ballyshannon-and-district-museum
- Aranmore Car & Passenger Ferry - www.thearranmoreferry.com
- Edel Mc Bride Studio Outlet, Convoy - www.edelmacbride.com
- Mc Auliffes Craft Shop - www.mcauliffescraftshop.com
- The Workhouse - www.dunfanaghy.info/places/The-Workhouse/78
- Slieve League Bus Tours - www.sliabhliagtours.ie
- Slieve League Boat Trips - www.sliabhleagueboattrips.com
- For information on the full WAW route see www.wildatlanticway.com