Covid-19 Our Protocols
Your safety is our No.1 priority!
Reopening Protocols for the Station House Hotel
We have stepped up precautionary measures here at the Station House Hotel as the safety of our guests and employees is paramount to us! By ensuring that your wellbeing is prioritised without compromising on the guest experience our commitment further enhances our existing protocols and complements exhaustive mandatory preventive measures by government authorities.
In this time of uncertainty with the progression of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Station House Hotel assures you that your safety and comfort remain our highest priority. Our thoughts are also with those who are affected by this virus and those who are caring for them.
All of the Management and Staff here in the Station House Hotel have successfully completed a training course in Hygiene and Safety Control in which we have been awarded the Fáilte Ireland COVID19 Safety Charter. Our absolute priority is the safety of our guests and our team. As such, we always have high standards for cleanliness and hygiene in place, but in response to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, we have elevated those standards even higher in an effort to maintain a more sterile environment for our guests and our team. We have already made key changes to our hotel and processes to make the Station House Hotel safer, without losing that friendly atmosphere and authentic welcome you've come accustomed to.
Access to and within our hotel will be clearly defined with Government advised physical distancing.
We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all lobby areas with special attention to high use touch points in line with recommendations from government.
Hand sanitiser stations have been set up in all areas of our hotel.
We would ask that any customers experiencing flu like symptoms or sickness to please postpone their visit to a later date. We would also ask that any customers that may have visited the countries affected by COVID-19, as updated by the HSE information here, or have been in contact with a confirmed case please postpone their visit. We will offer you the option of changing the date of your reservation, holding your existing payment as credit against a future booking.
- Guests should enter the property through the automated main entrance doors.
- One representative of each arriving group should approach the check-in desk while others adhere to physical distancing measures.
- Room Key Cards will be disinfected prior to guest arrival
Throughout your stay:
- We would ask that where possible guests do not use the elevator. If you require it, please do not share with anyone outside your family group.
- A thorough and extensive cleaning and sanitisation program is in place for all guest bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas in preparation of your arrival.
- We promote regular hand-washing by display posters in customer and employee toilets and common areas encouraging good hand washing practice with soap.
- We ask that all adults wear a face covering as they move around the hotel, it is acceptable to remove your masks when in your own room or seated for a meal or drink.
Our Amazing Team!
- All of our team have been trained in all matters of hygiene, health and safety in accordance with HSE guidelines.
- Some of our team may wear PPE if deemed necessary for some tasks in accordance with the hotel’s policy.
- In addition to hand washing routine, our team will be using hand sanitisation gels rated above 60% alcohol.
- We have a Covid-19 Operating Team who will monitor and amend our policies as required to ensure that we always have your safety and that of our team in mind.
- All linens and towels have been laundered to the highest standard in accordance to HSE guidelines. Our beds are still as legendary as ever in terms of comfort!
- All areas of your accommodation have been deep cleaned and sanitised by our trained team with enhanced cleaning on touch points.
- Some items such reading materials have been removed for health and safety reasons but don’t worry, we are here to help in whatever way we can.
- Additional furnishings such as cushions and throws have also been removed.
- Rooms will no longer be serviced if you are staying 2 nights or more. Fresh towels will be provided along with sundries each day. We ask that you place your rubbish bag from your bin outside along with the bag provided for used towels before 10am daily. Please only leave towels out that you wish to have replaced in line with our eco-friendly policy. If you do require for your room to be cleaned, please request this as before 10am and note that we will need at least one hour to disinfect your room again.
We have a Victory Electrostatic Sprayer in place, also being used by the world’s leading airlines. This device will ensure rooms are safe and are eradicated of germs etc. The spray is also safe to staff and guests immediately after application and offers longer term protection during these worrying times. Once the bedrooms have been sanitised the door is then sealed and ready for the next guest to enter.
- The Glenswilly suite will be rearranged to adhere to social distancing measures.
- There will be no service available in the Depot Bar & Restaurant, but the space will be available for lounging and your relaxation.
- Dining will incorporate social distancing between each table. We ask that you remain seated, and to adhere to physical distance between you and other guests and our team as much as possible. Physical distancing is required between individuals who are not from the same household.
- For your safety our menus will be available by scanning a code on your phone, making the experience contactless. But don't worry our friendly team will be there to assist you along the way. Sanitised hard copy menus will also be available upon request.
- Breakfast will be semi buffet and table service, clearly defined with Government advised physical distancing and showcasing the best of full Irish and continental produce.
- Tables will be allocated for breakfast and dinner in which a time slot will have to be pre-booked.
The team at the Station House Hotel looks forward to welcoming you for your well-deserved break-away...
Station House Hotel,
Lower Main Street,
+353 74 9123100